EARTH is looking for an intern in communication specialized in responsible, sustainable tourism, based in Brussels.
– None paid internship
– Application open only for students
– Starting date (possibility to negotiate with the candidate): 4th of November 2013 for 3 to 6 months (depending on the candidate). Please specify the required period on the cover letter.
– Place: Brussels in the European Quarter
EARTH welcomes a student with a strong sense of the initiative, ready to learn and to share with the network his or her knowledge. EARTH is looking for a student with proficiency in written and spoken English (native speakers are preferred) with special skills in communication and a very strong affinity with the values of responsible tourism.
- To Participate in EU events in Brussels
- To create a communication strategy adapted to the objectives of EARTH for the next 2 years
- To update the website (WordPress) and the social networks in FR, EN, IT, GR and SP (if possible) and translate some documents into English.
- To create new communication materials (Photoshop, publisher and other programs)
- To help create the monthly newsletter.
- To create a list of the European organizations that could become members
Assistant of European projects
- To help the project manager to follow the ongoing European projects about tourism and social economy
- To help organize the European conference on the 2nd of December “European realities of responsible tourism” in Brussels
- To write press releases, to write news in the social networks
CANDIDATE SHOULD have:
- NO experience required as it is a training period
- Ongoing education degree in communication with a specialization in sustainable communication, responsible tourism, non-profit organizations… The candidate should be a student at the university to sign the convention.
- Strong interest in EU institutions / policy making
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- The candidate must have a native English level + knowledge of another language is an advantage (German, French, Italian, Spanish…)
- Strong affinity with the values of responsible tourism and the social economy
- Self-starter and autonomous in his/her work
- The student must have a strong desire to learn
- Independent and enthusiastic and positive person, sense of initiative, new ideas and propositions will be welcome
- Well organised
- Flexible and team oriented
- Permit to work in the EU
- A training in order to improve your professional experience in responsible tourism
- You will be working with the coordinator of EARTH in Brussels and with all the members of EARTH in Europe through emails and Skype.
- You will be working with experts of European responsible tourism and you will learn about the different experiences in Europe.
- Hours: 38 hours per week as a maximum from Monday to Friday
Please send your cover letter in English + CV before the 23rd of September 2013 to Maurizio Davolio, president of EARTH :
Interviews will be done on the 28th of September by Skype for non-residents in Belgium.