SAVE THE DATE !
Our member Marco Polo EA organizes a new FITS (International forum on fair and sustainable tourism). This edition will be divided into 2 main events :
– one in Tataouine (Tunisia) from October 3rd to 8th, with the theme : The role of alternative tourism in the sustainable development of fragile areas of Mediterranean countries
– the capitalisation event in Marseille in October 2016.
Indeed, the FITS will celebrate its 10 years ! In that occasion, Marco Polo decided to organise a regional FITS, which has already taken place in Nicaragua in September 2014, and one International FITS in Marseille in 2016 in order to capitalise the experience of the past 10 years.
Why organising a FITS ?
The aim of the FITS is to bring together NGOs, local authorities and associations, tourism professionals (tourism development agencies, tourist information offices, tour operators, hotels, restaurants…) that use local tourism as vector of development for the people and to respect the environment as much as possible.
This forum is organize by national comities organisation with the support of MPEA..
Each FITS is placed under the patronage of the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the UNESCO and the UNEP. These events have received support from the Provence-Alpes-Côte-d’Azur region and the French Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs, in partnership with the governments of the host countries. Organized under the aegis of the Ministry of Tourism and Handicrafts of Tunisia, the theme of the 2015 FITS is “The role of alternative tourism in the sustainable development of fragile areas in the Mediterranean zone”.
Program from October 3rd to 8th :
- A movie festival about alternative and responsible tourism addressed to the population of Tataouine ;
- Field workshops and visits in the region of Tataouine for the foreign experts and guests from the countries of the Mediterranean area, Europe, Africa and Latin America (October 4th – 5th) ;
- The International Forum for all participants (October 6th, 7th).
- Give international visibility to the destination of Tunisia, and more especially to destinations of 3 southern provinces of Gabes, Medenine and Tataouine ;
- Give the possibility to the Tunisian organisations concerned by tourism to meet each other and thus foster the structuration of the tourism sector ;
- Facilitate the exchange of good practices regarding tourism between professionals from different countries of the Mediterranean area and Africa ;
- Strengthening the Mediterranean and African networks in the tourism sector and especially the networks gathering the social economy stakeholders ;
- Formulate concrete proposals to help strengthen the development of tourism in vulnerable areas of the countries of the Mediterranean region and Africa and provide material for the World FITS which will be held in Marseille in 2016.
Download the Draft program HERE (French)
Information about the FITS : http://fits-tourismesolidaire.org
Contact : email@example.com